Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nighttime Love Bugs

I always find it fascinating how each child is totally different from one another when it comes to going to bed. Ana's first year with us she screamed bloody murder every single night. It was awful and then it just became annoying. We wanted to make it an enjoyable time with her but she was going to put up a major fight. Now, she is our little angel. She has her routine down and goes right to bed. With Ana, I wanted to hold her, love on her and give her the night time (rocking chair) rocks that I had missed. But she is more independent, even then she was so I had to come up with something that she and I could bond over. Our ritually is; I tuck her in, pray over her and give her kisses. Right before I leave her room I tell her to call me if she needs anything and then I blow her kisses. She blows me kisses right back and sticks them in her (pretend) pocket. Also, at night time is when she wants to know the full agenda of what we are going to be doing the next day. I give her the run down and you can see the contentment on her face. She is my structured little one. I've always wanted to give her back a piece of her early childhood that I missed. But its like she doesn't miss it and wants to continue to go forward- as it should be. Ana requires more sleep than Ethan and when she doesn't get her regular hours she has meltdowns that you would not believe. Tears are shed over the slightest thing and if something is out of place, well, lets just say, its not a pretty sight. This is what makes Ana, Ana. Her personality is filled with wit and humor. She will always keep me on my toes. I love you, beautiful girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment