Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Oh, the Conversations

Today was a day that ended with me thinking how stickin' blessed I am to have Ana, Ethan and Nora. Putting all three together you sometimes get more information than you intended to know OR you end the night with your stomach hurting from laughing so hard. Tonight, my day ended with ALL my stomach muscles hurting. And even with moments I couldn't breathe. 

Nora, Ana and I were sitting in a circle in Ana's room. Ethan was off defending his Skylander's from the evil forces. The girls and I decided to play a game where you draw a card and it has a family question for you to answer. Some of the questions consist of; "do you know how your mom and dad got engaged" or "what is a smell that reminds you of growing up" You get the picture. Nora draws a card to ask me the question. It read; "If you could have one wish come true- what would you ask for?" Ana went first and said; "I would ask for 65,000 stacks of cake just for me!" Nora and I busted out laughing. And this was an excellent answer from Ana because she loves cake! Now, let me paint a picture of Nora. She is sitting the circle, very prim and proper & with her school uniform on and says; "that is spoken like a true first grader." I literally fell back on the floor with tears in my eyes. Nora is in the fourth grade and she sounded like she was twenty!! Good Grief! Oh what a night it was. I love those girls so much!!

This next story happened last night. The newest thing for kids to do is make these rubber band type bracelets. They were cute last year but now they are a little pain in the neck because you turn and there everywhere- floor, between the couch cushions, on the beds and so forth. Ethan is pretty tidy with his room. However, Ethan will keep a gum wrapper someone gives him and treasure it always. But it will be kept neat in his room. He doesn't mind messing it up with HIS toys and when HE does. But cluttering his room with "girl"toys is not acceptable to Ethan. I get that. So last night Ana had left tons of the rubber bands on his floor in his room. It wasn't that many but enough she should've cleaned it up. Ethan looks at Jimbo and says; "I am tired of Ana leaving her things in my room. I'm gonna beat her little butt ass!!". Well, at first we were so caught off guard that we all laughed in silent. How, where, when did he get this? So Jimbo spoke to him about how that is not a nice thing to say even if she did leave her things in your room. Hopefully, this will be the last butt ass conversation we have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment