Monday, February 24, 2014

My Mustard Seed

Today, was the most exciting day because Nora, Ana and Ethan got to see their grandmother get baptized. It felt as though I was back home today and seeing my mother-in-law make a public profession of faith made the day even sweeter. I'm not quite sure if Ana and Ethan truly understood what it meant but its one of those things that the "the seed was planted.

The seed that fell among the thorns represents those who hear God's word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced. The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!"      (Matthew 13: 22-24)


Nora stood beside Rick as he was baptizing Jamie, aka; Grandma. It was an invitation that Jamie had asked Nora since she had a huge part with Jamie making her public decision. As Nora grows into a little lady and onto a lady of God, this memory will always be with her, and I pray that when she needs to feel God she will reflect back on this day. Trials will come our way, we will not always know the "why" answers but having memories as this, God will take us back to what made us first truly believe. 

I often revert back to the memories that have kept my faith strong and allowed growth. Our God is so lovely because when we ask He will give us what we need. And in my life, there has been many times that He has given to me when I did not even know what to ask for. Isn't that beautiful!

I end by writing this; you never know who is watching you and the impact you are making on them. Just as a 9 year old did on her grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment