Monday, June 9, 2014

Simply Living

Have you ever come to a crossroad and think; "wow, what to do now?" Its been like that for us lately. I wonder so many times if I'm doing things correctly with our little ones. Am I giving them the right tools  to use in life and how much of the "good stuff" are they retaining. I have Ethan that is his own comedy act all in one, Nora that is older beyond her years and Ana that delights in pleasing the people she loves most. All three are so different yet the common denominator is that they love God and have a passion for doing right for Him. People might say that the kids learned how to love by faith because of us, but no, that's hardly the case. We laid the foundation of God truths by telling stories of the bible to them and showing how God is apart of our real life because He is a living God. But the most important ingredient has been prayer. Without prayer for our children, prayer for each other and ourself we will be depleted. It is prayer that has gotten us to where it is we need to go. The tough questions we are asked by our children have been answered through the guidance of the holy spirit through prayer. Sometimes "my crossroad" seems scary and even impossible- as it does now. But the truth in all this is that I am not alone. I know what it is that I need to do and that is pray. A simple task yet when having to quietly sit seems impossible; like trying to move a mountain alone. As Ethan told me this yesterday morning; "Mama, you know  what I love about you the most? "Your heart because you pray to God a lot." Talk about conviction. That boy convicted me on the spot and thank goodness for it because as I teach him in the end they are really teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment