Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year with New Adventures

How many times do we begin on a "new year high"? We're going to exercise, get that perfect job or just be a better person. I have come to realize that I will break my resolution(s) every time and for that I do not make them- anymore. This year I want to spend more time reading to my children; to instill that God loves them and His love with never fail. I've already seen families lose loved ones and this is just the second day of 2012. I was shown this morning that loving people is the best gift you can give them. You see, loving, is the kindest act there is. I can go out and buy Ana and Ethan gifts all day. But what is that "teaching" them? Nothing. I want them to see how much they can give just by loving others. Love produces acts of kindness, generosity, selfishness and so on. As we go about our day today it will consist of drawing pictures to cheer our family and friends up, baking cookies for a dear friend and continuing to pray for those that need it. I want them to be "Tebow" of their generation. Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment