Sunday, January 8, 2012

Halloween 2011






This past Halloween was so much fun! Ana was five years old and Ethan was three. Halloween costumes can be either really "slutty" (yes, I went there) or too generic. With the kids being able to know and understand I wanted to really out thought into their attire. Ana was a Candy Corn Princess- although she called herself a Candy Corn "witch" and Ethan was our fierce pirate. They were so adorable. I took them to Portrait Innovations to have a picture of them in their costumes and to try to remember this special time. As Halloween quickly approached I began thinking; "all dressed up and nowhere to go". I didn't want to just settle for the traditional door to door but I was running out of time and options. The day of Halloween we picked my husband up from work and were going to go Trick or Treating in Thompson Station. As we were driving (and I am so wishing I could have done more) we looked and a local church was having a carnival free to the public. It was perfect! We ended up going, they had inflatables for the kids to play on, more candy than we have ever seen and we even managed to squeeze pizza in the Ana and Ethan. The church had hundreds of boxes of Dominos Pizza- so we bought a large, sat around and ate as a family and then went back to the action. The night was so much fun. Each room of the children's and preschool area had a game, activity or something for the kids to do. And as you were leaving you got to "trick or treat". Ana and Ethan returned home with 20 pounds of candy. It was hilarious. It was a crazy time with children running everywhere and not to mention on a sugar high. But as we were driving home, looking into the sugar induced Pirate and Candy Corn Princess I would not have changed one thing about our night. It was one that I will always remember and be thankful for.
I love you Ana and Ethan! You rock my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment