Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lost: Toy on side of road

I've hesitated to write about this day but as I thought on it I realized that I want to be "real" at all times. I don't want to just write about the "good" stories or moments. The difficult times when you only have one nerve when you wake up are sometimes the best teachable moments. Well, for me anyway.

To paint the background of this picture, Ana and Ethan had been fighting for literally two days straight. We were on day two when I had to go to Spring Hill for errands. On the way back home they were constantly fighting over this ONE toy. Now, they each had their own but this ONE particular toy was the cause of their bickering. I said; "Ana, put the toy in between you and Ethan". She did and just as she did Ethan snatched it from her. She tried to snatch it back and eventually got it. So I thought maybe if they each have a turn it will be better. Wrong! Still fighting over who's turn it was, kept going on and on. I tried putting the toy, again, in between them and still nothing. I was at the end of all patience. I yelled; "Give me the dam* toy!!!" Ana slowly handed me the toy, probably in fear of her life and I said; "Say good-bye to the toy". They both said good-bye and the next thing I know I am throwing the toy out the window. And saying: "No one is going to have this toy if you can't share!". There was silence. And more silence. And nothing was said till we got home. And after that day Ana and Ethan have yet to fight over another toy in the car. Home is a different story but we have nice, peaceful car rides now.

Being a Mom has so many highs and when the lows come I can finally laugh them off. Its all going to be funny in some shape and form. So rather than getting up-tight I am rolling with each day as it comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment